12.21.2007

HI BROW























I just recently finished a typography class this last quarter that dealt with creating a magazine. I chose to design an art quarterly that highlights artists from different spectrums of art. A deliberate Life, written by Kaelan Smith takes 10 pages in the beginning of the quarterly. I chose a simple clean design template that would work with his story. I feel it came across with success in this project. For the two photo spreads a local artist, Anna Lee Lanier kindly granted me the permission to use her work. Amazing photos! Last but not least a humble native New Yorker Andy McFood. An interview was conducted and put in with photos from past to present artwork. As for the construction of the quarterly its an accordion fold, bound with handmade archival paper for the pages. All design was done by yours truly as well as binding, printing and slicing, man was this time consuming!

No comments: